Spring Cleaning Involves More Than Emptying the Garage
Monday, March 28, 2005
Appearance Plus Cleaners Offers Tips for Organizing and Unruly Closet
Cincinnati, OH – March 28, 2005 – As annual top to bottom cleaning sprees are about to begin, it is important to consider the hundreds of items lurking in the closet. The daunting task of getting to the bottom of the pile, organizing, tossing and putting away can be accomplished. Closet projects are even easier when Cincinnatians keep in mind a few simple tips.
Spring cleaning is not purely about making every surface in the house spotless. Spring cleaning is an opportunity to clear clutter and restructure surroundings to make life a little less hectic. When it comes to closets, people tend to hide unwanted objects that then become forgotten. Jon Lindy, Chief Operating Officer of Appearance Plus Cleaners, sees the contents of Cincinnati closets everyday and knows first hand how closets should be gutted.
"The first thing to do is take stock of what you have,” says Lindy. “Pull everything out and separate the contents into categories. If you know what is in your closet you can then reconcile how you are currently using your closet space with how you would like to use each closet.”
Lindy also offers these tips to anyone who considers adding a closet clean-up to their task list this spring:
1. Prioritize. If you have not worn the piece of clothing or used the item in the last 12 months donate the item to any charitable organization that accepts used goods. “This is also a good opportunity to evaluate whether or not you need to purchase any new items,” Trevor Furbay of Romualdo, an upscale men’s clothing clothier, suggests.
2. Be realistic. Do not try to justify keeping an item because you might use it someday. This is how pack rats develop their habits. Use this time to come to terms with what you deem important.
3. Clean properly. The most common items that should be cleaned this spring are coats. Have a professional dry cleaner clean your coats before putting them away to prevent makeup, body oils and stains from ruining the fabric.
4. Invest. Quality organization bins, hangers and shelves are worth every penny. This includes replacing the poly-bags that are used to transport dry cleaned garments. Using the bags for storage can destroy clothes.
5. Host a swap party. If there are items that you have trouble parting with, invite some friends over and exchange closet finds. Not only will the get together be entertaining, you will know your buried treasures are going to a good home.
09/29/2020 - Why It’s Important to Get Your
09/01/2020 - Appearance Plus Partners with
08/31/2020 - What Services Does Appearance
08/21/2020 - What Items Should be Taken to
08/19/2020 - How Does Dry Cleaning Kill Bac
03/08/2011 - Above and Beyond Award
03/08/2011 - 2011 Business of the Year
03/08/2010 - BBB Torch Award 2010
01/19/2007 - Appearance Plus "Cares with Co
12/15/2006 - Appearance Plus Cleaners Offer
11/08/2006 - Appearance Plus Cleaners Wins
10/17/2006 - Appearance Plus Cleaners Says
10/02/2006 - Appearance Plus Champions Brea
09/12/2005 - Local Children to Receive Free
06/15/2005 - Appearance Plus & Assistance L
05/27/2005 - Redefining Business Casual for
05/27/2005 - Spotless Efforts
05/05/2005 - Appearance Plus Helps New Grad
04/26/2005 - Unclutter Your Home's Hiding P
03/28/2005 - Spring Cleaning Involves More
11/29/2004 - Appearance Plus Execs presente
04/13/2004 - Get Cincinnati Working Program
04/13/2004 - Appearance Plus Cleaners Spons
01/13/2004 - Contest Offers Opportunities F
01/13/2004 - Appearance Plus Begins Contest